HOT EGG SALAD MELT
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45ml) coarsely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp (15ml) finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp (25ml) plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Prepare Classic Egg Salad increasing mustard to 2 tsp (10ml) and adding 1/4 tsp (1ml) prepared horseradish.
- Spread egg salad on 4 split and toasted bagels or English muffins.
- Top each with cooked diced bacon and sprinkle with grated old light Cheddar cheese.
- Grill in toaster oven or under broiler until cheese is bubbling.
- Serve hot.