WILD MUSHROOM FRITTATA
- 1/2 lb. (250g) mixed, fresh wild mushrooms (shitake, enoki, crimini)
- 1/2 lb. (250g) button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (25ml) butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp (25ml) fresh thyme leaves OR 2 tsp. (10ml) dried
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) shredded gruyere cheese
- Wipe mushrooms clean; then slice.
- Heat butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme leaves and cook 1 minute longer.
- Beat eggs and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over mushrooms in skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle with gruyere cheese.
- Wrap handle or skillet with aluminum foil to heatproof.
- Broil until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to serving plate and cut into wedges.