Tuck a fried egg into a pita pocket for a fast and filling feast.
Servings 1 serving
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Pinch each: salt and pepper
- 1/2 pita bread, pocket opened
- 1 tsp (5ml) light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 each: slices tomato and lettuce leaves
Heat small skillet on medium heat; add butter and break egg into pan.
Break yolk, stirring gently to mix yolk and white; spread to a circle the size of a full pita.
Reduce heat and cook until egg is set, about 1 minute.
Turn over and cook other side; remove from pan and season lightly.
Spread inside of pita with mayonnaise; fold egg in half and place in pita.
Stuff tomato slices and lettuce leaves into pita with egg; serve.