SUPER CLUB SANDWICHES
- 1/4 cup (50ml) light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, plain or toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices turkey breast (or ham)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 basil leaves (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place turkey on top of 4 slices.
- Top with bread.
- Place lettuce leaves, tomato slices and hard-cooked egg slices on top; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with basil leaves.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 wedges.
- Wrap with plastic film and refrigerate.
- substitute 4 kaiser or onion rolls, each split into 3 slices for whole wheat bread