CHEESE AND VEGETABLE OMELETTES
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups (500ml) sautéed mushrooms or other cooked vegetable
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) pepper
- 2 tsp (20ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) shredded Canadian old Cheddar, Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a fork.
- Make one omelet at a time. Heat 8 inch (20cm) non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp (5ml) butter.
- When melted, pour in 1/2 cup (125ml) egg mixture.
- As eggs begin to set at the edges, use a spatula to gently push cooked portions to the center, tilting the skillet to allow the uncooked egg to flow into empty spaces.
- When egg is almost set on surface but still looks moist, fill half of omelet with vegetable and sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30ml) cheese.
- Slip spatula under unfilled side, fold over filling and slide onto serving place.
This Post Has 0 Comments