Serve up hot egg salad on bagels or English muffins, smothered with bubbling cheddar cheese. Prepare egg salad the day before for a time-saving hot breakfast.
Servings 4 servings
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tbsp (25ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15ml) chopped green onion
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Bagels or English Muffins
- 8 slices bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) shredded old cheddar cheese
Peel and coarsely chop eggs.
Add yogurt, mayonnaise, green onion and mustard; combine well.
Season with salt and pepper.
Slice bagels in half and toast.
Spread egg salad over top, then sprinkle with cooked bacon pieces and cheese.
Grill in toaster oven or under oven broiler until cheese bubbles.
May be warmed in the microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds.