Serve up hot egg salad on bagels or English muffins, smothered with bubbling cheddar cheese. Prepare egg salad the day before for a time-saving hot breakfast.
Servings 4 servings
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tbsp (25ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15ml) chopped green onion
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Bagels or English Muffins
- 8 slices bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) shredded old cheddar cheese
- Peel and coarsely chop eggs.
- Add yogurt, mayonnaise, green onion and mustard; combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice bagels in half and toast.
- Spread egg salad over top, then sprinkle with cooked bacon pieces and cheese.
- Grill in toaster oven or under oven broiler until cheese bubbles.
- Serve hot.
- May be warmed in the microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds.
This Post Has 0 Comments