These mini-quiches are easily eaten in a couple of bites. They can be made ahead and are tasty hot or cold. Makes 12 mini-quiches.
Servings 4 servings
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- Butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175ml) 2% evaporated milk
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup (150ml) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Remove crusts from bread and spread with butter.
- Place buttered side down, pressing firmly into muffin cups.
- Bake in 325º F (160ºC) oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs and milk in a large liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
- Sauté bacon and green onions until both are cooked; drain fat.
- Divide evenly between 12 bread cups. Pour a bit of egg mixture over top, allowing it to be partially absorbed, then add more. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 325ºF (160ºC) oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden and puffed. (If edges brown before eggs are set, cover with aluminum foil)
This Post Has 0 Comments