The delicious flavor of a traditional quiche in a fraction of the time, and without a fat-laden crust.
Servings 6 servings
- 1/2 pkg (300g) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (250ml) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (7 oz/199 ml) corn, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150ml) biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) each: salt and pepper
- Dash nutmeg
Lightly grease a 10-inch (25cm) quiche pan (or deep-dish pie plate).
Sprinkle broccoli, cheese, corn and onion evenly in prepared pan.
In blender, process eggs, milk, baking mix and seasonings at high speed for 1 minute.
Pour over broccoli mixture.
Bake at 375ºF (190ºC) for 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.