EGG AND VEGGIE STUFFED PEPPERS
- 8 medium sweet peppers
- 2 cups (500ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) Italian seasoning
- Cut tops from peppers and clean out insides.
- Stand each pepper in a custard cup or large muffin pan.
- Spoon 1/4 cup (50ml) frozen vegetables into each.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk and seasonings.
- Pour about 1/3 cup (75ml) over vegetables in each pepper.
- Bake in 325ºF (160ºC) oven for about an hour. A knife inserted in the center will come out clean when done.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- To microwave cook 4 at a time.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 minutes, rotating each pepper after 3 minutes (Rotate positions also, if microwave does not have turntable).
- Cook on MEDIUM another 10 to 14 minutes, rotating every 3 minutes. A knife inserted in the center will come out clean when done.
- Remove each pepper as it is done. (makes 8 servings)
This Post Has 0 Comments